Week 11th – 17th February 2024
1. Last weekend’s special collection for the Parish amounted to €3000. Thank you all for your generosity.
2. Wednesday, 14th February, is Ash Wednesday, the start of the Lenten period, 40 days of preparation for the passion, death and resurrection of the Lord. A reminder that this is a day of abstinence and fasting. The placing of ashes will be held during each Mass, as a reminder that we must not be tied to worldly things. Masses at 7am, 8am, 6.30pm.
3. Next Sunday, we will provide a leaflet with a calendar of prayers for each day of Lent, information about the mission project which the Parish is undertaking, together with the Parish programme for Lent.
4. During Lent, every Friday starting from Friday 16th February, the Stations of the Cross will be prayed after the 8am and 6.30pm Masses.
5. On Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th February, there will be a special collection for the Seminary.
6. As part of the initiatives our parish is taking to celebrate its 25th anniversary, a new prayer group for mothers who would like to pray for their children will start very soon, meeting at the Garage hall during catechism sessions. The meetings will be held every Monday 5-6pm starting on Monday the 19th of February. During the meetings, mothers may share their worries without the fear of anything being repeated outside of the meeting and, through special prayers, all mothers support each other. For those who would like to know, more please contact us after mass. This is an opportunity for those of you whose children attend catechism on Mondays to join in for prayers while their children attend catechism. The group is open also for those parents whose children attend catechism on Tuesdays or who do not attend catechism at tal-Ibrag Centre.
7. Let us pray for Peter Bonello, who has passed to eternal life. Grant him, O Lord, eternal rest.